About Miss Oshkosh
The Miss Oshkosh Scholarship Competition was first held in 1953 and sponsored by the Oshkosh Junior Chamber of Commerce.
Since 1963, the competition has been sponsored by the Oshkosh Area Women’s Association, formally the Women’s Division of the Oshkosh Chamber of Commerce. In 1964, Miss Oshkosh was presented with a $100 cash scholarship.
Over the years, with the help of the OAWA and other community sponsors, the competition was able to provide larger scholarships to Miss Oshkosh and later present additional scholarships to runner-ups and eventually all Miss Oshkosh candidates.
Since 1970, more than $306,000 in cash scholarships have been presented to 453 young women through the Miss Oshkosh Scholarship Competition.